Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Buggy out of 1996 S10 2wd?

Discussion in 'Center Of Gravity' started by fortcollinsram, Jul 1, 2004.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Well, I work part time at NAPA and my buddy's dad owns the place and we are getting rid of like 5 delivery trucks. Well my buddy Josh and I decided on the possibility of making a Napa Crawler /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif We are a dilema now as to either link the front and the rear or just like the front and leave the rear leaf-spring. My thought was to go linked all around! Chevy 350, th350, 205 or possibly doubler if the store floats some of the cost.

I was just looking for input from you guys and may a direction to go from here...I have never dabbled to much in linked suspensions so any input would be GREAT...

Have any of you used a 2wd late-model S10 cab and frame for a buddgy build up?

Chris

2. monsterjim

monsterjim 1/2 ton status

might as well do it right the first time for crawling and link the front and rear. You'll get a lot more stretch out of it all. Are you goning to use the s10 frame or just the body? Try to just use the skins and build your own chassis is ya can. lots a luck

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Flex isn't everything. I wouldn't want a rig with a body linked front/rear. Too unstable in my opinion.

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Sounds like a killer project. Im going a different route and installing a 95 S-10 cab on a SWB Chevy 4x4 Frame. The frame is 118" WB to start out with, then I have 56" rear springs that I plan to flip backwards to move it back another 4" for a 122" WB. This should fit the Cab real well since its the Extended Cab model. With the amount of Cab setback I want, I need this wheelbase. This is the same as Robin Hood's (TTC entrant a few years back) wheelbase. I've been talking to Beau Byrom and Robin as well as the owner of "Stubby Mechano" from Canada.

I am looking for some bedside skins for the 94 up S10, do any of you know where I could get some? If you guys don't use the bed, you want to sell it to me? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Keep us posted on your progress.

5. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Hey Neil,
    I just thought of this...If you are just using some sort of bedsides or skins for your S-TON project....
    How about just using some 88+ full size bedsides ? The reason I say that is because you are just using the rounded skins, so it's not like width is an issue, and style is hard to compare when just using the skins.
    They should be easily availible from the "rust replacement" portion of St. Louis Auto Panel and the wheel wells are cut much larger then the S-10 body, so if you are clever in how you mount them, you may not need to cut the well any bigger, giving that S-ton some factory looking lines.
    Ehh ? Ehh ?
    Blake

6. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey Neil,
    I just thought of this...If you are just using some sort of bedsides or skins for your S-TON project....
    How about just using some 88+ full size bedsides ? The reason I say that is because you are just using the rounded skins, so it's not like width is an issue, and style is hard to compare when just using the skins.
    They should be easily availible from the "rust replacement" portion of St. Louis Auto Panel and the wheel wells are cut much larger then the S-10 body, so if you are clever in how you mount them, you may not need to cut the well any bigger, giving that S-ton some factory looking lines.
    Ehh ? Ehh ?
    Blake

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a bad idea young Grasshopper! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif