Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Buggy spring set-up on Full size....any one running this

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by twenty_below0, Mar 9, 2002.

1. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

I want to run this for increased travel etc. and wonder if it's safe for continual Daily driving, and can I make it my self with a top spring from a stock front spring pack, .. cut it in half, inverting it, then bolting to frame and welding on 3/8 steel rails down each side of it, (to the frame).... for a secure fit and this will keep it from twisting one way or the other??all suggestions wanted....THX Mike

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Me and my buddy did this on his Blazer. We used a top spring like you said and we used the stock shackels to connect the two springs together and used shims to reset the pinion angel. We also added a track bar and limiting strap's to keep everything from pulling apart. Oh a set up like this will give you about 2-3" of lift so just remember that incase you plan on buying springs. He used 2 1/2" springs and cleared 35's with no problem although he did trim the finders just incase.