Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Buggy springs, Questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tRustyK5, Sep 4, 2000.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Has anyone converted the front of their K5 to a buggy spring set-up?

I'd like to do mine but I'm trying to get as much info as possible before I start. [​IMG]

One of the questions I had was how would this affect caster? Putting in the buggy spring has the same effect on caster as longer front shackles right?

I've currently got the 4" Rancho front springs and I was thinking of removing one of the smaller leafs when doing the buggy spring conversion. My thinking was that I might be able to lose the height that I gain from the buggy spring. I would like to keep the height pretty close to what it is now. This would also "flatten" the spring and probably give me a little more "stuff" as well as the extra "droop" I would gain from the buggy spring.

Any thoughts? Advice? Laughter?

Rene

[​IMG]

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

bigdaddy89 did this to his. I dont remeber when the post was though, try a search....

Hows the top????

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Thanks, I'll search for that.

I'm still waiting for the fabric (ARRGH!)[​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Man they are slow! Did you get the hardware mounted or are you waiting for the fabric?

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com