Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Buick motor help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Muddytazz, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I'm working on a hunting buddies daughters very first vehicle. It's a 1964 GMC 2wd stepside, but its got a buick motor in it (I haven't determined if its a 350 or 455 or whatever yet). Anyways, the POS PO decided he was going to weld the motor mounts solid and the tranny was welded straight to the crossmember. Well the tranny problem is fixed as the tranny had to be replace. But I still have to figure out what to do with the motor mounts. Do I go with buick or gm motor mounts and just custom make the brackets/towers? Or is there a motor mount out on the market for this. Oh, this gmc originally came with a straight 6.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2005
  2. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

the year of the truck goes beyond my knowledge but there are companies that make chevy to buick motor mounts for dropping those engines into other vehicles. Its a set of plates that bolt to the side of the block

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The company you're thinking of is called transdapt. They make engine and tranny swap brackets for almost everything.

4. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Early Jeep Wagoneers used Buick motors. Might scout some salvage yards for pedestals off one of them, and transplant them.