Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Buick Superchargers

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by BigJohnson, Nov 21, 2001.

1. BigJohnson

BigJohnson 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know if a Buick supercharger for 3.8 V6 can be adapted to work on a 3.8 V6 Camaro? If anyone has any info or a link or name of any books where I can find out more about these superchagers I would appreciate it. I don't know anything about these setups so any info would be great.
    Thanks,
    Jordan

2. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

are you talking adding just the turbo from the late '70's buick V6, or the whole turbo intercooled fuel injected setup from the mid eighties grand national. the early models just added a turbo to a carbureted V6, they were never very impressive, after '84 they got nasty, but it would be a major chore adapting all the buick stuff to a chevy 3.8. just put a TPI 350 in it.

'95 Chevy Silverado 1500
    5.7 V8-NV4500- 3.73 rears

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Same block, but wow, that would be some major mods, cool idea tho'

<font color=blue>Twiz

4. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

You're talking about the Blower that is in the Supercharged Regal, right? I think it is the same as the GTP motor. If memory serves me right, it won't work. Something with the motor in a FWD car is different than the motor in a RWD car. Something like spinning opposite directions or something. Good idea, though....

<a target="_blank" href=http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch>www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch</a>

5. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

There are aftermarket kits for the 3.8L V6 in F-Bodies, and I'm sure it would be a lot easier to buy one of those kits and install it vs. retrofitting a supercharger off of a FWD car to the F-Body.

Check out http://www.ls1.com and other Camaro/Firebird related sites for more information.

1984 K5 Blazer 4x4 Silverado
    6.2L diesel, 700R4, 3.42 gears, 31x10.5" tires

6. BigJohnson

BigJohnson 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the replies. I gave up the idea and forgot about this post actually. They sell the superchargers on E-bay for $300 so I was tempted. Nothing is ever as easy as it seems.