Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Build an S-10 or fullsize

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by b454rat, Apr 15, 2007.

1. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

OK here is the deal. I have a 93 S-10 Blazer, runs/drives great, body has some rust, but the floors are rock solid. Everything works but the A/C needs a charge. I have a set of EB axles, and maybe a 5" IFS lift. (Still waiting to here from the guy) I bought the truck for $600, didn't really need much, tires and exhaust. The next vehicle is 94 K1500 Silverado, RCLB, 350, 4l60, all stock, has a bad head gasket. Was a farmers truck, so has some dents and dings, and really sticks on the inside, cowsh!t. But is fully loaded, even has the cup holder that bolts to the lower part of the dash. I have a 87k 400 sitting in my parents garage that I want to put in, as well as the HP44 that buddy is giving me back (gave it to him, only fair), but needs outers. Already have the tires/wheels, shackle flip, springs, and some other misc stuff to do the SAS. After I picked up the 400/203 in the back of the Blazer, I thought screw this I need a truck again. Only downfall for me having a truck, is tho you can put a carseat in, there isn't any room for anything else. We always take a diaper bag along just incase. But we always could use her Jeep to go somewhere. If I still can get the IFS lift for the S-10, thought about doing a package deal, my 93, the 5" TM lift, 33 muds on Eagles 589s, an 85 S-10 Blazer with a 350 and 3" BL, and 3.73 axles with a G-80 to swap into the 93. I can never make up my mind with what I want to do. I miss having a truck, and looking to get a quad, kinda hard to put one in the back of an S-10 Blazer. The S-10 is good on gas, one of the reasons I want to keep it. But my old truck with a 406 got pretty dang good mileage.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I have no useful input so I will reply....

You are in the same dilema I was in but I didn't have the kid factor. I picked building the S10, and keeping the truck stock. But with the kid factor, I'd say build the truck and rock the S10 stock. However, of course the bigger you make the truck, the less useful it becomes as a truck...

3. b454rat

I still have my 89 too. But I don't think I'll be taking the kid in that just yet, she is only 8 mos. old. Plus the wife would have one hellofa hard time climbing into it. But I might have the 89 going pretty soon, so I wouldn't need a truck. I guess I'm just itching to do something. I think for now I'll concentrate on the S-10. I don't plan on wheeling the S-10, if I do won't be anything hard core. Original plan was to fix the 94 up and sell it, make a buck or two off of it...

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

This is the reason I have a 4 door pickup as a daily driver and a Blazer as a toy..........

5. b454rat

I need something to haul the kid and wif around, but the Blazer p!sses me off sometimes, so then I want to get rid of it. Guess I'll see what I can find, either another Blazer or ext cab, then the reg cab.