Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Build me a Chevy 350 Y0U can pick the parts!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by commercetxk5, Feb 5, 2004.

1. commercetxk5

commercetxk5 Registered Member

Jan 28, 2004
    ok so i exchanged the 283 and got a running 350 4 bolt, but it needs a rebuild.

there is a foul plug preventor thing on 2 of the plugs on each side of the block. so i will cure this with some Dart cast iorns.

i have already a edelbrock 650 carb and an hei distributor, and a weiland high rise aluminum intake.

But i need a little bit more help????

cost is an issue, but i need more power than my crappy 1991 Z71
  2. the cowboy

the cowboy Registered Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Depends on what you want to build. With that size carb, I am guessing something with a little oomph.

You are gonna need to take it to a machine shop, have the block hot-tanked, bored, etc. They will also grind/balance the crank.
    I would get a new cam, that is a good place to upgrade, and that topic has been covered pretty well in here before. Add an engine kit (pistons, rods, bearings, etc) and you should be good to go.

The most important thing is to ask around and find a really good machine shop /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif. Tell them what you are looking to build, and they should tell you everything you need to know.
    I did a pretty wild 350 awhile back for around $1200. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif