Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Building a 468

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fastboy_01, Jul 25, 2003.

1. fastboy_01

fastboy_01 Registered Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Just picked up a 454 yesterday. Ive got a few questions
    I want to build the motor for as much power as possable to adout 4000-4500 RPM.
    1: It came with 113 cc truck heads, Should i keep these or should i find some different ones?(they are in rough shape and will need to be reworked)
    2: It also came with a comp 292H cam, should i run this cam or sell it and buy a different one?(i was thinking a 4x4 extreame,but not quite sure witch one)
    3: I have a 600 edelbrock on a camaro now, and i have a 800 or 850 cfm Q-jet on the truck right now witch one do think will work better?

the 454 is already bored 60 over to 468, It came with flat top forged pistons, the comp cam mentioned above, full roller crower rockers, a sfi approved fluid dampner & flexplate, alternator, water pump, fuel pump. The only bummer is that it is completly taken a part, but at least i will know what all the guts look like. Any info will help greatly. THANKS.
  2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Jul 18, 2001
    I remember hearing that company went out of business.. And that people running those have broken off the front of the crank.. When you first start it up and its cold the fluid dampener is a little out of balance, and can cause some damage over time. I'd go with a stock harmonic balancer not liquid filled.
    I would think 600 cfm won't be quite enough for a 468.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif