Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Building a drag car!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blaze, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

My buddy and I have decided to build a drag car. The 355 I was going to build for the 92 is going to be modified for the new drag car. I have a long commute to work , so I figured that driving a car with a built 355, 3000 stall, and all that other good stuff might be too much of a pain. We are going to go with a 80's Malibu with the 350 punched .04 over instead of .03, 12:1 compression, full roller setup, camel-hump heads, 800 DP, built TH400, 442 crank, etc. Should be really sweet. We took a lot of the parts off of a 67 Malibu that was running in the low 6s in the 8th, plus we're warming it over more and putting it in a lighter car, so this thing should FLY! Can't wait to see what it can do. If anybody knows of a cheap 80's Malibu, let me know! Or if anybody knows anyone who might want to sponsor this car, let me know that too! We need a lot of parts!

2. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Hey, rock on man! Drag cars are the $hit. Going to the drags is almost as much fun as wheeling, so how can you go wrong? I wanna see some pictures of this beast posted up when you guys get her all complete. I wanna see some pics of it doing big ol' smokey burnouts too /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Don't worry, there will be plenty of pics and plenty of burnouts!