Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Building A New Pedalboard

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ARAMP1, Jan 15, 2007.

1. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

Well, my little pedalboard has served me well for almost 5 years now and it's getting too small, so over Christmas leave, I came up with plans to build a bigger one. Problem now is that I really didn't have a sense of proportion when I was drawing up the plans and the thing is just too damn big. I'm going to cut it down a bit before i put the carpet and velcro on it.

Pedalboard.JPG

New Pedalboard.jpg

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

So you must have an old distortion pedal you could sell my wife for cheap, eh? :whistle:

3. 58 apache

58 apache 1/2 ton status

4. ARAMP1

Actually, the older, more "vintage" pedals are the ones that aren't cheap. Some of them are going for over a grand! Too much money for me though. If you/your wife are looking for a good distortion, look on evilbay for a slightly used Boss DS1. They sell new for under $40. I've seen them on e-bay for around $20-$25. And, you can't go wrong with the sound.

5. ARAMP1

Dude, I don't know how I missed that thread! It's a pretty sweet looking axe. I'm more into vintage type stuff, but I do appriciate quality. Besides that, even if it was an elcheapo guitar, it was free, right?

BTW, looks like your boy is already off to a good start being exposed to rock and roll at such a young age. I'm going to be the same way with my kid (when I have one)

6. 58 apache

58 apache 1/2 ton status

im not a player more of a hacker of all things musical... but i also appreciate vintage gear (for its soul) i have recently refinished a 64 slingerland drum kit. i also have a thunderbird bass and 2 old martin guitars. martins are big out here because of the bluegrass thing. where ya at? how old are you? looks like a nice collection bro...

7. ARAMP1

I love Martins. I've got a very nice D15 Special (spruce top, mahogany body and rosewood fretboard). Of course the D15 is a low end Martin, but its kind of like having the low end Ferrari...it's still pretty nice and sounds great. I'm in OKC, and I'm almost 32, so my day job gets in the way of me rocking out like I was really born to. :D