Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Building a trail tool box?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by buffcc1, Sep 8, 2006.

1. buffcc1

buffcc1 Registered Member

Hey guys I got a bunch of tools at a great price and I have enough to stock my tool box and create a trail tool box. So what I am asking from you experts here is what you all have in your trail boxes? What are the must haves? What are the would be nice to haves? Finally what can i leave at home. I dont want to take crap I dont need. Thanks guys

2. TeK

TeK 1/2 ton status

well I got 2 boxes on my truck. One houses all my air equipment(compressors, tanks, air tools, fill hose). The other has spare u-joints, tranny fluid, oil, spare shafts, a few yokes, straps, snatch blocks, hi-lift, and some rain gear.

3. Zopilote

Zopilote Registered Member

One box of stuff. Oil, gear oil(diffs &tranny), Dexron(Transfer case), brake fluid, ps fluid, prestone, wd-40, jb weld, duct tape, chains, tow strap, bailing wire, gloves, jumper cables, tire fix kit, spare belts, hose repair stuff, mini grease gun, a few hose clamps, some mre's and a quart of Patron'.
    Tool box with stuff to fix most things.
    EMT kit.
    Cooler with PBR.

4. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

A simple way to carry only what you need in tools is to work on the truck from it's own tool box. Granted, in the beginning you'll be kinda skinny on everything you need, but eventually you'll be able to do most every common repair from that toolbox.

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

this is my trail/truck box.
    [​IMG]

Everything I need and then some
    I carry a seperate box for support equipment.