Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Building an outdoor kitchen

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LKJR, Jun 10, 2005.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

anyone done this? have a couple questions

I've got a nice BIG Stainless grill and I"m looking at building around it but not so permenant that I can't undo it later. (rent house)

I'd like to bulid a fryer unit so I don't stick the house up when I do want to fry something. something along the line of a burner under a small rectangle tank. and get one of those commercial baskets. Then make a lid to fit over it to keep bugs and debris out of it when not in use but make the box removable with handles for emptying it and cleaning.

Other thought was to make the burner adjustable so it could be adjusted to the top to use a wok on top of the same burner. But that's up for discussion.

I've seen these things built of of 2x's and paneled with whatever and I've seen them built with CMU's obviously the latter won't catch fire but any other reasoning you can see? I'm thinking using 2x's will make it much easier to remove later if I have to.

...Discuss.

2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Is it Natural gas? Dont forget you might need to run a gas line,,,prob 3/4 from the meter underground if so. Dont forget about that if its not propane. Thats all i have to offer brother. :) Best of luck, Jacob :)

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

no the grill is free standing. with 3 doors under it. one for the tank and 2 for storage. so I don't intend to connect to the gas line. like I said, needs to be low impact. only connection will be a hose from the faucet to the sink.

4. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Build it out of metal studs. No combustables or you'll burn the place down.
    Maybe use duro-rock/wonder board on that and then tile or rock it?