Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Building rear bumper question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by odoa3, Apr 17, 2007.

1. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

I am building a rear bumper/swing down tire carrier for my K5. I do not want to use the stock rear mounts, but am not sure how to fab up the mounts. Anyone have any pictures of how they mounted up their rear bumpers?
    Thanks.

2. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

I'm no Fabricator as you can see by my welds but no one else has posted anything. This is what I'm working on. It's for a pick up with a 2" body lift.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The horizontal flat bar goes through and is welded to both sides of the tube.

[​IMG]

My tow points will go through and be welded to both sides of the bumper and to the frame brackets

[​IMG]

This is going to be a wrap around bumper. There will be brackets from the both ends going to the frame brackets, similar to stock.

3. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

Kind of hard to see but my brackets for my tow points also go all the way through the bumper and bolt to the frame. I did have to cut off my rear frame horns so the bumper would sit more flush.

RearBumper.jpg

RearBumper2.jpg