Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Building The Rhino: 6.2L Diesel K5.

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by colbystephens, Jan 7, 2006.

1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

So I'm doing a tech write up on what i'm doing with my 6.2 blazer in the Garage. I thought maybe some people would like to follow along to tip me off on things, get ideas on what to do and what not to do, etc. So it will be an on going thread I'll post up here and there. I'd post it here, but nonpaying member's can't ask questions here. Anyway, just thought it might be helpful to someone. i'll tip you all off from this thread when i've updated the other. ;) cheers!

clicky: http://www.coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160872

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Man i wish i could just find a girl who likes 4 wheelin never mind workin on them:o

3. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

Nice video, I'll be watching for your updates. especially when you start using biodiesel. A friend from work and myself have finished piecing together a reactor from a water heater and are fabricating a tank for washing. locating methanol in quantity wasn't bad but getting lye in volume is, where have you found it?

4. colbystephens

i haven't yet gotten anything for the biodiesel processor and whatnot except that i have a relatively new water heater available to me - just need to go get it out of the house it's in. classes start tomorrow, if i think of it, I'll ask my chem. prof. where would be a good place to pick up lye. what set up are you using for your processor? could you post up or e-mail me the plans you used? i know they can be had elsewhere on the net, but it's interesting to see the differences.

5. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

I'll get what I have online or post links to where I got them. Gotta go to work.

6. colbystephens

so i asked my chem prof today about where to purchase lye - she suggested chemical companies (go figure), but she didn't know if they sold to private parties. FWIW, if you're not familiar, lye is sodium hydroxide (though i think there's another compound for lye as well). don't know if that will help you locate lye.

7. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

I have the reactor plans on paper, but can't remember where I got them, I'll keep looking. I think for the Lye I may need a contact at a local school or buisness to go through. We're using red devil drain opener right now by the case until we find a good supply.

8. colbystephens

that's an interesting source.

9. skark_burmer

skark_burmer 1/2 ton status

Red devil is what was used in the class i went to as well. Just dissolve it in (i forgot but have me notes at home, iso prop alchahol?) to do the titration test and you are all set.