Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Built 700r4??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 10pax, Jan 22, 2006.

1. 10pax

10pax Registered Member

I have heard some things in the forum about "Biult Trannies" and "Corvette Built Trannies". I am going to list what is written on the invoice when I had my tranny rebuilt and could someone tell me if I have one of these specialty trannies?

FOLLOWS:"""List of parts that went into trans- Borg Warner clutches-seals, gaskets, band, Corvette servo assembly, rear planetary, ring gear, sun gear, thrust bearings, pump bushing, orings 1650 stall torque converter, filter, fluid and trans fluid conditioner, (lub guard, sun shell, sk jr shift kit"""

That is written ver batem according to the invoice even down to the cammas. Is this a built tranny? I told the guy that I was going to beat the crap out of my truck and I needed a tranny that would tolerate my abuse and this is what he did. Will this be sufficient to beat on for a while? In your opinion, is this a good deal? I paid $1391 for everything including removal and installation. After a shift kit has been installed can a better one be installed later?

James

Last edited: Jan 22, 2006
  2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Looks like a very standard rebuild to me. The 'vette servo is a mild upgrade. Earlier 700 can be updated with later a lot of later 700 and 4l60 parts. There are upgraded 2nd and 4th apply servos from Jet and TCI, uprated clutch packs, heavy duty sprags etc etc.
    Take a look at TCI's web site, bow tie overdrives, Hughes performance etc for an idea of what can be done. ATSG do a good 'update/upgrade book on what's available as OE replacement upgrading.

3. 10pax

10pax Registered Member

Thanx

Thanx. I guess the tranny is not as high speed as I thought it was. Kindof dissapointing really. I'm going to check out that website. Thanx again.

James