Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Built Th400 in FL

Discussion in 'Engine | Tranny | T-case' started by SkysTheLimit, Aug 16, 2006.

1. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

Actually I have 2 but I am only posting this one for now. The other is much more built and newer.

Prior life was behind a 496 in a camaro drag car. It was replaced only because the PO got a good deal on the other transmission I mentioned above. I don't know all what was done to it but it handled 900hp without any issues. I was going to put this tranny in my K5 but decided against it as I'm going to just run my 700R4.

If anyone is seriously interested in it I can probably dig up some of what was done. Transmissions aren't my forte so I'd be regurgitating whatever I'm told. I do know it has a deep aluminum pan with provisions for cooling lines and drain. I don't know for sure I would suspect a full manual VB reverse pattern.

It is in running/race ready condition, just add fluid. I'd like to get $700 for it + the ride from Tampa, FL. I'd be willing to deliver for some gas $$ within an hour drive or two.

-Chris

*EDIT - Would be willing to trade for a working 14BFF with locker & 4.88/5.13.

100_0435.JPG

100_0433.JPG

100_0419.JPG

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  2. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status