Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bulding a TBI motor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudhound72, Mar 15, 2005.

1. mudhound72

mudhound72 1/2 ton status

I am in the prosses of bulding a TBI 350ci

I am just looking for your thoughts ideas good or bad I want to learn form your mastakes

Here is what I am thinking of using

350 4-bolt main 10.0-1 compression forge pistons B+B

Vortec heads

2 1/4 Ram horn manafolds

TBI-Vortec performance intake

BBC TBI Will this be to much or not enough

Pref cam

Reburned chip how is this done, can I do if and if so were do I find the equ to do so

I am trying to think ahead so I can get the parts when I can afford them

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

You are going to have fun trying to get a chip that will work with 10 to 1 Cr and the cam. If you do it It would be best to spend some time on a dyno with a good chip man to get things right. So things dont go BOOM! It will Cost some $$$ tho
    Why dont you just buy a 330 350 HO GMPP crate engine. lots of people make aftermarket chips for those. Be a lot easier and cheaper. All you are loosing is a few points of CR. Stock 454 TBI, aint gonna support much more HP than that anyhow.

3. mudhound72

mudhound72 1/2 ton status

I did think about buying a GM creat motor but the one I am working on bulding is going to cost me about half of a creat. I also have connections on the dyno end on the deal, just will require a little convising to use it. The biggest prob that I have is that I want to learn how to burn the chip cause I dont know anyone that can do it.

Hech in a week I may change my mind and stick with a Quad :dunno:

I want to run TBI, but dont know if it worth the PITA that it will be to set up. That is why I am asking here cause I dont know anyone that has messed with it yet