Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bulk Ammo by Mail Order

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tx_sub, Nov 29, 2004.

1. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

anyone ever buy ammo by mail by the 100 250 500 1000 round lots that come with the free steel ammo boxes? do they have to be shipped to someone with a FFA? after shipping and handling and FFA holder charges, is it worth it?
    I want some cheap .45 long colt for my peacemaker.
    thanks y'all

2. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Cabela's has some good ammo in bulk lots.I have had good luck with their .45 ACP ammo. I buy through a FFL holder cause he can get better prices than I can, But the last time I checked, anyone who can legally own firearms can order ammo.

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

No, bulk ammo does not have to come via a FFL. They will deliver it right to your door. It will have an ORD-M sticker on the package, but that doesn't seem to make my UPS guy too nervous.

There are some good deals out there. I bought a couple thousand rounds of XM193 (5.56 nato) for my AR when I found it for a good price.

I would think the best deal for that caliber would be reloads.

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

most wont ship to cali, those bastards i was going to buy 1000rds of .40 for my new gun but they wouldent ship it out here /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have, numerous times.

Anyone that wants CHEAP!!! ammo....

wolfammo1@aol.com

9mm Luger $180 for 2000 rounds
    .45 ACP, $120/1000 rounds
    .40 S&W, $47.99/500 rounds

Also check out....

www.georgia-arms.com "Canned heat"

Not as cheap as the wolf lady, but brass case, remanufactured ammo. I wouldn't suggest it if I didn't shoot it myself. I have shot about 800 rounds of their 115 grain 9mm Luger without a single malfunction through my Sig P226.

Just bought a bunch of CCI Blazer Brass 180 grain and Winchester white box 165 grain, both .40 S&W, at Wal Mart for $8/50 round and $16/100 round. The Wolf is quite a bit cheaper.

I'm going to start reloading soon. Turned 21 5 weeks ago, I own three pistols now and I've put 1500 rounds downrange already!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

thanks tim
    outstanding. i can smell the burnt gunpowder and brass chiming on the floor.

any one know if shipping to texas or louisiana is a problem?

my problem is that for my .45 saa, its hard to find people that stock .45 long colt. 250 grains baby! 9mm on the other hand is super easy to get. i need to put a couple hundred more rounds through it and my ruger before i feel really confident about getting my chl. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    No, bulk ammo does not have to come via a FFL. They will deliver it right to your door. It will have an ORD-M sticker on the package, but that doesn't seem to make my UPS guy too nervous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man I hate it when people order this stuff. I don't mind the content of the packages. It's just these boxes are freaking heavy /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

Get some reloading equipment.
    My father and myself go from old lead roof flashing to hunks of deformed lead in the dirt all on our own.
    Our costs are VERY low. We collect all you wastefull guy's shells at the range, we only use free lead. Our cost is primers and gun powder. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    When you shoot 1,000 .45ACP rounds in a day, you know your doing something right.
    When you shoot yer 12ga side-by-side until it hurts, and keep going so you don't have to hurt yer shoulder due to the weight of the ammo bag, you know your doing something right.
    When your mom is worried abou the house blowing up from thousands uppon thousands of rounds, and lbs and lbs of gun powder, you know your doing things right. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    You know when you pick up a thrown wheel weight before a quarter, your doing right. And when you ask the shop if you can sweep up their floor and take the lead, you know your doing something right.
    Hell. I have 1gal pail must weigh 20lbs full of 357mag wad cutters that we ripped out in a day or so about 5 years ago that still haven't been loaded... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I have always had good luck with www.sportsmansguide.com they have pretty cheap bulk ammo and usually throw in the ammo can too. Tim's right on the money too, that Wolf ammo is great for plinking, cheap and won't foul up your gun too much.