Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bull Riding/freestyle championchips

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, Oct 30, 2004.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I dont know , but ive been watching this bullriding on tv lately, its got to be most intense sprort out there. Those guys are nuts.I like it!! Bullriding rocks!! Anyone ever compete in this sport? BULLRIDING!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I like the freestyle the best /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

My little brother used too, but he got his left wrist stomped on by a big ole burly brahma! now he has two steel pins in his wrist and no feeling in his lower three fingers on that hand! there is no way I'm gitten anywhere near 2000 pounds of fire breathin hell!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gifI've done some rather stupid things in my time on this planet, that definatly will not be the next!!! /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Is the 3 seconds on the bull worth it???? The way its looks so intense like that, mabey so /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif .... i think bullriding is a real mans sport /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif dont know about the payoff lol, but it looks pretty cool.I like the freestyle!! Man VS BULL /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. unclematty

(this is kinda long) I used to know a guy named Jed Tubbs, he loved to ride bulls, now mind you this boy was big and about as redneck as a guy can git! he was at the days of 47 rodeo about 15 years ago, he got bucked off and the bull spun around and kicked him in the face, crushing his left cheek bone and leaving his eyeball hangin out! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Jed being the big dumb redneck that he is, got up put his lft hand over his smashed eye socket, turned around and walked right up to this bull and punched it just below its eyes and just above it's nose, the bull fell over, out cold! Jed went the hospital then. true story I saw it myself!

two months later, I was working for him (turning wrenches) he walks up slugs me in the thigh (charliehorse) and says Hi Matt!, I rolled over and saw the timing belt that I had removed the day before laying on the floor so I grabbed it and proceeded to slap him across the back of his lower legs ( as hard as I could!) as the blood welled up through his pant leggs, he just looked at the blood then looked at me, and said " GET THE **** OUTA MA SHOP!" that's the last time I ever saw him, thank god!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I rode in high school, back in the early 80's. It was fun, and that's all I really rode for... but I soon bought a dirt bike, and the ride lasted soooo much longer. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I got hooked on that, and sort of just stopped riding bulls. I sort of missed it later, but then I was all "twiterpated" with my now wife... and didn't want to be out on the road away from her all the time.. soooo

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'd rather be stuck working South Central for eternity than take on a bull for 8 seconds. Well, my Taser runs for 5 and if I am quick on the trigger, I'll hit him for another 5 and I win, only problem I've seen what a bull's reaction after the Taser goes off and I'm not that damn fast.

The payoffs can be good once you get to a certain level, but down at the bottom, you've also got to work during the week cause rodeo cowboys pay their own way and that stuff adds up.

Now with that being said, rodeo cowboys should be making Shaq type money for what they do. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

It's an interesting event, big around here and Wyoming but I wouldn't do it

My PE teacher does it and his kid does to. His kid got truly smashed in the head

I admire the retrogresion of it

Anyway if I have to fight an animal that big, I wanna be able to kill it

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I rode back in high school and then I did a few years afterwords. I went to a bullriding clinic down in Morgan Hill once where they had some PRCA stock. I drew a big old bull that I ended up getting hung up on and kicked right in the middle of the back. That resulted in two fawked up disk and My hip cage shoved forward 3". After that a few more of My friends got hurt and so I desided that I needed a new hobby and needed to keep on working. I find wheeling much safer now /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

9. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

How about the freestyle?? Thats entertaining to watch. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It's an interesting event, big around here and Wyoming but I wouldn't do it

My PE teacher does it and his kid does to. His kid got truly smashed in the head

I admire the retrogresion of it

Anyway if I have to fight an animal that big, I wanna be able to kill it

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though you misspelled it, that's a quality word right there. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Actually, I just looked it up, and it has TWO "s"'s

ret·ro·gres·sion

ANYWAY

12. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Actually, I just looked it up, and it has TWO "s"'s

ret·ro·gres·sion

ANYWAY

[/ QUOTE ] Come on guys, i dont want to talk about RETTROGRESSION /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif i want to hear about bull riding/ freestyle /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

there is a place north of here that teaches it.i want to try one day. it's a weekend thing ,you start friday night with class,then saturday more classes. then sat afternoon the mechanical bull, THEN sunday after more class the real bull. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif sounds cool don't it? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

14. unclematty

don't forget the tag-along ambulance! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

15. boggerless

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif how bad could it it be.i've drove through a house with a car,wrecked on a street bike, hit a refrigerator at 60 mph on my three wheeler( man that hurt ,thought it was a dirt hill /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif). how bad can i get hurt? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

16. unclematty

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif how bad could it it be.i've drove through a house with a car,wrecked on a street bike, hit a refrigerator at 60 mph on my three wheeler( man that hurt ,thought it was a dirt hill /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif). how bad can i get hurt? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    DUDE CHECK OUT MY POST IN THIS THREAD YOU COULD GET REALLY FUBARed /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

17. boggerless

okey dokey /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

18. boggerless

i'd quit that guy also. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifhe sounds like he would smash you face for being late. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Sounds retrogressiony /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    how bad could it it be

[/ QUOTE ]
    Just ask Lane Frost or Jerome Davis. One is dead and the other is in a wheelchair for the rest of his life /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif