Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bummed- friend's cousin likes ricers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Dec 24, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

My friend cousin is 16 years old, almost 17. I've known her since she was 13, and she used to come hang out with the group once in a while 4-wheeling and stuff, and she liked it.

She's gone through alot of emotional distress recently, and made alot of poor decisions and frightening ones even. Luckily, she is seemingly better than her lowest point of depression, but I just found out that she likes ricers now.

She used to think trucks were the coolest, but as a result of her last boyfriend, he made her believe that small import cars with huge tailpipes were much cooler.

That makes me mad. It's like a step backwards in progress.

How can that be cured? Obviousely she's been hanging around with a bad crowd recently (for a while she went from innocent and a cute kid to having a spiked mohawk, then shaved head, and black gothic clothes... now she's on the return to normal looking).

She's always acted older than she is and hates how immature her peers are, but in some ways she still acts her age and associates with immature people. Everyone that knows her knows that she needs emotional support and stuff to keep from making bad decisions (everything from rebelliousness to thoughts of suicide).

It's like, we all know she's crying out for something/some reason... but none of us have seemed to be able to totally help yet. It just kind of bums me out we havent been able to help... and also that she likes ricers over the Big Crew Cab now.

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

What a kick in the balls! :eek1:

3. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Take one of the many trucks you got;) and just build it to go smoke ricers, 454 turbo 400, whatever ya got ya know, after ya beat em, maybe she'll go back to liking trucks, idk, sorry to hear about your delemia.

I know a few of my buddys at school have gained friends after smokin a few ecilpses at college with my buddys 71 C10 and my other friends Z71, I can keep with them with my K10 but after a ways the littel bastards just start walkin away from me...time to start building my own rice killer

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Tell her

"You're not cool, I know cool, I met him on the internet, his name is RJ, so I know cool, and, well, you're not it"

In all seriousness though, try and instill a sense of honour and pride in ability, and then top it of with some humbleness

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

these are the qualities 95% of ricers lack. I will respect anything no matter how it sounds or looks if its built right.

6. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, I know the feeling, my girlfriend's brother likes ricers and all that Pimp My Ride bling bling bull****, and he thinks old trucks and stuff are dumb. It breaks my heart.:(

7. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

at least you dont have a friend thats into the whole poser truck stuff. i mean hes almost on the right path(4x4 trucks and even GM), but he would never consider doing any of the work on his truck himself, and beleives only what the local poser 4x4 shop owner says(i.e. 12" blocks are cool) because he owns a shop and is a professional. the owner of the shop drives a newer maybe like '01 silverado 4x4 with like 2' of lift on the ifs and and no front shaft, and has NEVER seen anything but pavement. i just cant seem to make him see the light

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

ditch the caveman look, pimp one of the rides out, and take her out to play. get someone with a "ricer" car (any front wheel drive non-v8 car will work) and have them follow through the mud/trails/etc) she'll soon see whats cool.

i seem to have found the perfect girl. into a little of everything, drives a '99 Dodge every day, plays in the mud with it (body damage on a $12K rig is bad, m'kay) drives a roundy round car, and is building a Monte SS clone from the frame up, by herself. oh, and she's a GM tech too. no need to change that one, eh? :D

9. mountainexplorer

It's hard for me to ditch the caveman look. Too much work. It's not like I'm trying to look attractive to her. She's 14 years old! (Not really, she is almost 17, but I make fun of her saying thats she's 14 and will always be 14, cause when I first met her I thought she was 16-17, and for the next two years after that she was actually still 14 years old).

She's been out with us before and ridden in my rigs as a bunch of us have driven up in the mountains exploring the trails and stuff, and going through mud and all that. She's helped a couple years at the Mud Races as entry money collector. She liked off-roading, but now she says that ricers are "cute" or something to that effect, and that she wants one when she gets a car.

We almost had her become a 4x4 girl before, but she hasn't been around us much with all the personal issues and depression that she's been going through in the past year or so.

Here she is jumping off a cliff:
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/45404747/45404987usWmeh

Walking off the bus: http://community.webshots.com/photo/45403575/45403742yYbdJt

And she used to have long hair:
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/39481762/50337184zJYTBv

Before the gothic look change... and the mohawk. Luckily it's growing back now and she looks normal again.

We'll make her go out wheeling again this next year. ;)

10. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Nice closeups:p:. Good body from what I can see though.:blush:

11. mountainexplorer

Hey now, she's only 14.

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'd hit it when she turns 17 (legal in IL). :grin:

13. mountainexplorer

18 is the age in this state. I'm the one though that always bugs her about being "pure" and act like a "dad" when she's around. I've told her that I'm old enough to be her dad. Hey, it's possible, if I had a child when I was 6 years old.

14. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

:thinking:

that is a sad sad dilema. ive always kinda wondered why some women go for that sort of crowd. they usually are a bunch of jerks and whatnot. and i say this actually know several in the crowd. some are ok but majority of what i knew werent people i would hang with. and i even like fast cars. the cool cars would definately be something like a 68ish camaro and i do like 80s ss montes... but my new intriguing car of mystery that i think i will go after building one of these days is the fiero. kinda similar to the imports in a way but very different and also gm at the same time. and they have v-8 conversion kits readily available for them. and am sure that a v-8 fiero would most assuredly blow doors off imports. long live gm!! but to not like trucks is really sad. i could not imagine it. isnt bigger rally better?

15. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

ask joe that one:haha: :haha: :haha:

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just start parking on top of all the Uncle Ben mobiles. Show her how kewl 4X4's really are.

17. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

getting weird

this started out as a good story but then she turns 14 :yikes: and you post what appear to be stalking pictures.:surepal:

18. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

stalking pictures? 14y/o? you're getting more wierd than RJ...

19. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: prolly related ro rj

20. mountainexplorer

All those pictures are from all of us getting together and doing stuff over the years, so nothing stalkish about 'em.

And she is 17, and I act like a parent around her. More concerned for her than anything.