Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bummmmmmed Out!!! Deer Hunting!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by blazindorito, Nov 8, 2006.

1. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

I was suppose to go deer hunting today. Got some vacation days for today and tomorrow. Don't get me wrong I don't need to ask for permission to go just need to handle my responsibilities like picking up my girls from school and daycare.

My wife couldn't pick them up because she is working 1 hour away and has school right after work. So, I wouldn't be able to pick them up if we caught a deer or hiked in like we usually do. I have been seeing this one buck a real nice 3x3 that I have been trying to get. I missed at it only once and could not seal the deal. My uncle calls me last night and another friend of mine that goes. I told him I wasn't going because I had to pick up my girls. Decided to work today and just go tomorrow. I told my uncle where to go hunting. He called me an hour ago and told me he sealed the deal. A big 3x3. I feel glad he got it and not someone else but inside of me I'm feeling sad or disappointed that it wasn't me. My uncle and I hunt together and are really good friends, I would even say he is my best friend. Either one of us deserves it because we hunt hard. Just feel sad that it's always someone else that gets the breaks and not me.

Ohh well maybe I'll get my monster tomorrow or this weekend. I think I will hunt where my uncle missed at a big one on Saturday. Maybe I'll get lucky and get his.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  2. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

3x3? damn that is not even mature yet..... Oh wait we are in Calif. Sorry thinking of Texas.

3. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

come on over here. you have to kick the little 3x3's out of the way to get to the big 8-10 points.

If they let people hunt in valley forge you could kill em with a knife and fill your truck. they are practically domesticated.

4. blazindorito

When I saw what you wrote the first part. I was man this is California. A 3x3 is a good buck here in the Southern D-zones. Nice joke though...

5. onlychevy6

how has things been going. have not talked to you in a while. did you go bow hunting yet or just rifle?

6. blazindorito

I only rifle hunt right now. I have seen a legal buck every time I go out hunting. I am looking for a wall hanger. I had 2 opportunities. One my cousin got the jump on it and the other it was too far. I was going to go back today but things happen. I am going tomorrow to see if I can find a wall hanger or I will drop a forked horn. I just hope I have luck this coming weekend.

7. onlychevy6

where are you going to hunt at? I am looking for a bowtech tribute bow right now. and also want to find a remington .270. got rid of the other gun i had kept getting real hot after you shoot it. almost to hot to hold. lots of rounds went through it.

8. blazindorito

Right now I am hunting 5 miles before you get to Snow Crest on the 2hwy, on the North side of the road. Right before Buck Horn campground. We hike to the tallest part of the mountain and walk in a zig zag pattern. Not a lot of people there. Maybe 2-3 that know of the place. I know those guys have already gotten 2 each. They hunt for any legal buck. I am looking to hang one. My daughter wants me to hang one but I don't want to hang a baby buck. my cousin just called me 20 minutes ago and told me that the buck his dad got is huge. With 8-10" tines, 20" wide. He said it looks almost like a whitetail by it's rack and body. I am happy for him but sad that it wasn't me.

9. onlychevy6

LOL.. you know they are going to rub it in and tell you to go hunt by yourself now. when you are not there they get something good. LOL...

10. blazindorito

They already did. 2 years ago I got a huge 3x3. We nicknamed it "boom boom miss" because one of our hunting buddies shot it twice and missed. He went to a spot where I hunt from. I didn't go there because as soon as we got out of the car he said he was going to were Ernie hunts. Ernie is me. Well that day he shot and shot and missed. He did actually hit it about 1" high from the spine of the neck. The buck went down and when he went to pick it up it was gone. The bullet went right through. 2 weeks later I was hunting the ridge over from where he shot the buck and it came over the ridge and I killed it. The wound was healing and it was full of puss and worms. It was a good 4" by 3" wound.

My cousin called and said it is bigger than Boom Boom miss. My uncle then called me and said he's sorry for beating me to it.

I am a real unlucky person. I get deer but I don't think by luck. I work hard and do my scoutin and just happen to pattern bucks good. If I would have gone today I would not be writing this story. I would be placing a picture of me and the buck on this site. I don't mind that my uncle got it in fact I am very happy he did. If anyone else deserves a big buck other than me it's him. I just don't like it when my cousin starts rubbing it in. He does this all the time. It gets too me and I know I shouldn't but it does.