Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bump steer ...Help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by twenty_below0, Sep 15, 2001.

1. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

OK, I put another bx on my K5 and it is really tight (no slop) no leaks etc. but since I put it in,.. the bump steer is much worse! Before the new bx. there was a little slop and No bump steer....now it seems like it's harder to keep straight on the road when there is a little wind or some minor highway bumps etc. Also everytime the tires hit a little dip the steering wheel JERKS one way or the other Does the drag link need adjusted or something else?? please help this is really frustrating. THX

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

What do you have in the way of a stabilizer? When I put the coilover on mine, I ended up with zero bump steer.

Special thanks to those lost from IAFF Locals 94 and 854 - You shall never be forgotten
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. 502Burban

502Burban 1/2 ton status

You don't mention if your truck is lifted, but if it is, I would suggest the swaybar disconnect/correction kit from <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/swaybarkit.htm>Off Road Design</a>. Your old, sloppy gearbox may have been hiding a lot of your bumpsteer until now. Now that you have a tighter steering system, it will be much more obvious to you.

Robb
    '73 GMC Suburban - 502DFI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/robbrj>community.webshots.com/user/robbrj</a>

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Check out my "best reply ever" out of 975 tries, I should have stopped with this one.[​IMG] (do a search for "bumpsteer" by desertduleler on 5/24/01)

The bump steer was probably allways there, just not noticed with the old sloppy box. Also, is it lifted, has the steering arm been corrected for the lift?

We will stand strong!
    <font color=blue>AMERICA!</font color=blue>

5. twenty_below0

I have a E-Z Ride 4" and Dual stabilizer, the kind where they both connect in the middle and go towards the tire on each side, the full length of the front end, and how will the sway bar disconnects, correct the bump steer, I have urethane bushing and quad shocks in the front and 33" tires...if it was just not noticable before then how can I fix this problem now??? Everything on the front end is new and tight!, THX for the help!!

WE WILL SEARCH FIND AND DESTROY THE ENEMY!!!! GOD BLESS THE US.

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Do you have a raised steering arm?
    ORD's sway bar disconnects also relocate the mounting point for the sway bar to correct for the lift...

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

7. twenty_below0

yes everything is done correct and I have the correct steering arm!!

8. twenty_below0

Did a search and read twiztid's answer for the "bumpsteer" problem and his response is great so I think I can figure it out from here THX For the INFO!!!