Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bump Steer???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Catman, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Catman

Catman Registered Member

I don't know if this qualifies as bump steer or not. Since all the flooding in our area last month (Yucca Valley to 29 Palms) every time I hit deep sand or water with my right front tire it pulls like hell to the right. The alignment is good and all front end components appear to be in good shape. I'm planning on putting the quad shock s back on the front and going to a dual stabilizer. Also, would BFG MT's do better than my BFG at's?? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

With a 12.5 in wide tire I think this would be normal.

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

happens with every car/truck I've had. Worse when you got big tires. The only time it doesnt pull as much, is if your hydroplaning. Generally, the only time it will pull is if there is more than 6" of water. In which case, most cars wont even go into it.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Try 16" wide swampers in a monsoon rain storm and then you can talk about hydroplaning. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Could the right brake be "grabbing?

6. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

In my experience with 12.5" they grab and grab well. There's been many times that I've had to yank the wheel back to the left or right be it snow, water, sand, whatever. They're a pretty big tire and if one finds soft stuff it's gonna pull the truck that way. Good luck with the fun. Wish we had had lots of rain around here. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Allan