Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bump steer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by seanmp, Jan 1, 2004.

1. seanmp

seanmp Registered Member

I put a 4" lift on my suburban, and left the stock arm on for 2 weeks. After changing to the 4" steering arm, I have a LOT of bumpsteer/bad handling. The steering wheel was centered using the adj. coupler on the drag link, and the drag link needed a LOT of adjustment. any ideas?

2. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Your steering stabilizer may be shot. Its the shock looking thing on your front axle. Look at where the shaft comes out of the piston, if you see any sign of an oily substance you need a new one. If you got the cash get dual stabilizers.

3. Catman

Catman Registered Member

I had the same problem on my '90 Blazer after a RC 4" lift. It originally had quad shocks but the kit didn't provide them. I bought the extra shocks and put on the RC dual stablizer. Problem solved!

Good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif