Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bumper brackets to compensate for a body lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudFrog, Mar 16, 2004.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Anyone know where I can get some bumper brackets to compensate for a 2" Body lift, it's for stock bumpers.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I searched for awhile today and all the links I found were for whole kits. I am sure if you called some companies direct like Rough Country, Rancho etc. They would sell you just the brackets. Well its worth a try anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sorry to tell you this but aftermarket bumper brackets do not exist for the pre 88' vehicles(pre 92' for blazers).
    I couldn't take looking at my 3" gaps any longer and broke out the torch, welder, and grinder and here is what I came up with. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I couldn't find any either. I had to do a little cutting and trimming and made my own. Not very strong, just cosmetic!!

5. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Alright, thats what I needed to know, I couldn't find any kits as well so I guess it wasn't meant to be. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. mr_fujisawa

mr_fujisawa 1/2 ton status

you might want to pm greg72 for some solutions. he has a body lift and did some cool work on his truck. he drilled some holes in the bumper mount and re mounted them a little higher. he can probably supply you with some pics and a little more knowledge. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    sean

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was able to raise my bumpers 3" without having to drill anything. I just welded the frame horns to an 8" piece of thick flatbar and rewelded it to the frame 3" higher. It is very strong and looks good too. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif