Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BUMPER HEIGHT

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MTPockets, Mar 18, 2001.

1. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

getting ride height figures for future reference is all well and good, but what about the laws when it comes to overall height.
    i know there have been posts about this in the past, but could there be a complete page with state to state listings on ck5?

currently running 5-6 inches of lift, 35" bfg's:
    custom bumpers are; 31.5"/32"- F/R.
    (bottom of bumper to ground)

MTPockets
    g'ville, fl

2. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    Petersons a few months ago had a state by state listing for lift laws. FL laws for your weight class are 28 front and 30 rear

Luke
    84 K5
    [​IMG]

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

dont forget blazers are NOT considered trucks theyre station wagons(yuk)i got busted for it several yrs ago in my cherokee on 40's.i even dropped my bumpers an xtra inch so there would be no dispute over fractions of an inch.it turned out i was still too high(bummer)i just paid the ticket and forgot the xtra 2" i needed to be legal.the worse part is i had this big sh** eatin grin on my face when i told him i was legal.(ouch)check your registration as to type of veh.ill bet it says s/w.convince me its not a truck.but the laws the law,its a car. at least in florida anyway.

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer silverado 400 horse 350 w/vortec heads 38 x15.5 swampers (40 hawgs next)10 bolts(blah)w/4:88s coming soon,14 bolt.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by pureinsanity on 03/18/01 11:29 AM (server time).</FONT></P>