Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bumper lift brackets for 3" body lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigjblazer, Feb 23, 2003.

1. bigjblazer

bigjblazer Registered Member

Bumper lift brackets for 3\" body lift

Can anyone fab some of these up for me. I know what to do and all, but i just dont have the resources. I have a 3" bod lift on my 84 k-5, and the rear looks really bad. Not sure how much it costs to make a set of these brackets, but id be glad to compensate anyone if they could make me some. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks.

2. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Re: Bumper lift brackets for 3\" body lift

Yeah i think you might be able to flip the mountin brakets upside down to raise the bumper back up. I got bumper relocate in the front on my truck but the rear has a Piece of Diamond plate in the gap. I usally dont have tail gate on while wheelin so i can see whats behind me when backin up to hook some chains up to stuck ppl. You might even try just losin the bolts and liftin the bumper up then tighten them back down. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

3. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Re: Bumper lift brackets for 3\" body lift

You cannot make brackets, the ends of the chassis rails come out to the end of the bumper. Basically what your gonna have to do is do what I did. Cut off the ends and weld them up 3 inches higher and then reinforce the crap outta it. I'll post some pics of it as soon as I can. It's kinda a pain but the body and bumper gap look horrible!

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif