Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bumper Paint

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by clubba68, Jan 12, 2004.

1. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I need ideas from you ladies on what type of paint should be used on my bumpers. Any ideas are appreciated as T-Roy tells me he is just about to that point. Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Bedliner...

signed , Susie McGillacuty... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Well Susie, I think thats a great idea, it comes in different colors and is more durable than paint...

Yours truly

Philis Clamburger

4. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

But Susie, those spray-on bedliners are just so expensive. Do you have any cheaper alternatives, or know of a place that will do it inexpensively?

5. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Philis "Moneybags" Clamburger, not all of us are fortunate enough to have married neurosurgeons.

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Ohhh Andrew you sound so sexy, are you single, I am and i'm hot and horney,BTW ,I also agree with the bedliner idea, you could give me the equivalent of a rug burn with the bumpers and I'm into that baby...OOOOhhh I'm so hot right now just thinking of bedliner....

Love
    Ivanna Humpsalot

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

You could probably DO IT with 2 quarts of Jerculiner, 60 bucks worth, same price as around the world with me...
    Audi 5000
    Da Ho down tha block

8. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

LMFAO! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I'm gonna tell Ryan your trying to cheat on him /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I used some Appliance Epoxy paint I found at home depot for mine. Only runs about $4 a can and so far so good. If you do a few coats it should hold up well.

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

well he said ladies.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

hammerite I think thats how you spell it anyway I used it for mine and used it for a bed liner kinda it is tougher that regular paint and has a little bit of texture to it you can find it at modt hardware stores.

13. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

ROB, WHAT THE HELL KIND OF DRUGS ARE YOU ON????????? Andrew, Snane just PM'd me with a the name of a guy that said he would powder coat them for $50 each. I will try to run him to ground and firm that up. For that price, powder coat is the only way to go. I'll drop you a pm when I have something to tell you. Any word on when you are going to be back up here? Let me know.
    T-roy

14. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

wow 50 bucks it is almost ripping off my bumper to get it coated for 50 bucks.

15. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Yeah Troy, see if you can "firm that up", and let me know. Maybe I can get my mom to pay for that too! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif She told me that for one of my Christmas presents she would pay for one of my bumpers. I can tell her that powdercoating is just part of it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    I will try to run him to ground and firm that up.

[/ QUOTE ] And you wanna know whats wrong with me..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

Let me get a feel for this guy first. No offense Shane, but I don't like to deal with 2nd hand info. When I talk to him, I'll see what his deal is and I'll post up details.
    T-roy

18. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Let me get a feel for this guy first.

[/ QUOTE ] Can I watch, I'll run the video camera... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

$50 is a good deal for powdercoating /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I am not willing to remove my Troy bumpers because mine are holding up pretty well with their good coat of paint. Just sand them down really well and put 2 good coats on and it will stick and hold up really well. I have taken on a tree already without one scratch, still nice and shiny /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

btw...Troy get me some biz cards for your bumpers have had 3 people in the last week ask who made them, people are noticing /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

20. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

that cheatin BASTARD!