Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bumper Project

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 86' K5 355, Sep 2, 2005.

1. 86' K5 355

86' K5 355 Newbie

I was wondering if anyone might know where to obtain some blueprints or plans for tube bumpers similar to the ones for sale on Off Road Design. I am looking because I have a project I am doing for one of my welding classes. I can use whatever welding process I want to, and ultimatly it is going to be on my 86' Blazer when it is done. Plus whats better than getting school credit for making something for my Blazer. I'm not looking to copy the plans or blueprints but to just get an idea on how the geometry works and go from there. Thanks

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  2. Geargrinder

Geargrinder 1/2 ton status

the best way to do it is just to mesure from outside to outside of your'e frame rails in front, make plates that will bolt onto the outsides and knoch them for 1.75 or 2.00 tube and start laying it all up from there. If U want single tube for the main X-bar then go with 2", if U want 2 tubes then I would go with 1.75 or 1.5.
    Just my $.02
    I would rather come up with my oun desine than make a faxsimily of somthing on the maket allready

3. josh86k10

josh86k10 1/2 ton status

4. 86' K5 355

86' K5 355 Newbie

I am not a full member so I can't check out the pics, thanks though. I am mostly interested in the gussests used with the ORD one. I want to make sure this thing is stout and will stay together if I need to be pulled out of the mud. My welding skills are good so I just want to make sure the geometry of it will hold up.