Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bumper Relocation Brakets

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cocky, Apr 7, 2000.

1. cocky

cocky Registered Member

I have a friend who is putting a 3 inch body lift on his blazer. Can't remember what year but it is a half top boxy style (like a 77) . Does anybody know if they make relocation brackets for blazers? If so where and how much? Thanks in advance.

Richard
    1970 k5 Blazer
    Don't stand in front of a train naked

2. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

No you have to make your own. Usually what they do is cut off the end ofyour frame and build brackets to compensate for the lift. Be careful of getting your bumper to high in the back as you will not be able to lower yout tailgate and you dent the hello out of it. Remember the tailgate spring to needs to be disconnected

3. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

I could be wrong here, but I think they do make relo-brackets for the front (every body-lift company offers them) but the US Gov won't let them make them for the rear end due to safety reasons. I guess they don't care if you rear-end someone and ride up over their trunk, but they care about someone rear-ending you and potentially blowing up your tank (?) (I'm guessing on that one...)

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com

4. cocky

cocky Registered Member

Thanks for the information.

Richard
    1970 k5 Blazer
    Don't stand in front of a train naked

5. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Hmmm I asked for the brackets when I bought my body life from 4 Wheel Parts. They told me none were made and to come in and they will relocate them for me. It would have been nice to have brackets.

6. I used a torch, bench grinder, and a drill to make my brackets out of 1/4" steel. Never had to cut on the K5 at all. I moved the tailgate spring studs/holders up to the bracket and it worked great and then I put the little metal piece back in between the gate and the bumper and whallaa she looked good. Just takes alittle thinking and a couple tools.

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!