Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bumper replacement bolts???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pow06er, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Pow06er

Pow06er 1/2 ton status

I am looking to get a new bumper and valence and I know i could order all the mounthing bolts from LMCtruck or something along the lines.

But I was wondering if anyone thinks that I would be able to found the the nuts and bolts at an auto parts store or hardware store?

Im basically looking for all the bracket bolts and all the bolts that are chrome that attach the bumper to the brackets. I am kinda impatient but if necesasary I'll wait

BTW it would be for a '88 k5

2. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Personnally, I would find the best ones at a junk yard. The factory bolts are good quality.

3. Pow06er

Pow06er 1/2 ton status

well im gonna go to my hardware store and buy the bolts for the brackets...

then I'm gonna order the new chrome ones off of lmctruck.com cuz I'm getting a new bumper and i want them to look nice

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

The ones on my truck (stock) aren't chrome, they are stainless steel (caps) and I personally would stay away from aftermarket ones if they are indeed chrome plated, because almost without exception, aftermarket small pieces that are chromed, don't maintain the finish long.

LMC stuff I've purchased has been from Thailand, was not impressed with construction. If they are NOS GM pieces ok. But compare prices, you may pay more than at a dealer.

If anything, buy new ones from GM, I'm sure they are still available. Email gmpartsdirect.com for part number/pricing, or try your local stealership.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Auto body supply store...

Any good auto body supply store should have bumper bolts,or can at least order you some--probably have to buy them by the box though--where I worked we sold the W & E brand of moulding clips and bolts,they came in boxes of 10...Dorman made them too...I've cheated and used regular carriage bolts from a hardware store,but they are only galvanized or cadnium plated,dont have the stainless steel "caps" on them..most arent grade 5 or 8 either,they are mostly grade 2,kinda soft... :crazy:

6. Pow06er

Pow06er 1/2 ton status

ok well then ill give a call to a dealership later