Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bumper ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mjfoster49, Aug 18, 2005.

1. mjfoster49

mjfoster49 Registered Member

What should I do with my front bumper? It sticks out about 5 inches on each side, and it gets in the way. I wish I had a better picture, but this is the only one I have that shows the front bumper. I think the best thing to do would be to take a couple inches out of each side and weld it back together, but I cant weld so I am just trying to get some more ideas.

http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/7346/sort/1/cat/500/page/1

[/IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2005
  2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

If you have a grinder and cut off wheel.. Cut the top weld where the top plate and front face of the bumper connect. Cut along the weld and stop where you think it would look best. Then trim the top plate in to where it is even with the body.. After you do that, bend the front face around to match back up with the top plate.

Since you cant weld, find someone who can or stop by a muffler shop and they can probably weld the seam back up for a few bucks.
    :thumb:

4. mjfoster49

mjfoster49 Registered Member

how do you think it would look if I cut the sides off, and just left the middle winch plate?