Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bumpers and winches

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ronnny, May 29, 2005.

1. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

I am planning on building me a bumper for the front of my truck and was wondering how much room or space i need for in the future to mount a winch. I was wanting to leave enough room without leaving to much or making to big of a bumper. So I guess what i really want to know is how far out from the grill or piece of metal below the grill the bumper has to set to leave room for a winch. Or how much room on top of the bumper is needed to mount the winch. I do not have a winch or an idea of what one i want but it is time to build the bumper because of the current one getting messed up. Just looking for some ideas. :dunno:

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Pick the winch you want to run then go to that mfg. website. It will show you max outside dimensions and bolt patterns. I think some of the bolt patterns are standardized between some brands but you'll have to pick a specific model to be sure. Then don't wait to long to get that specific model or you'll be shopping the used market!