Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bumpers in AZ, and a dispute with a rock...

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by jms, Nov 17, 2005.

1. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

Rear bumper done, thanks to Dirk Phillips; design modified from the AzK5/Pauly383 original

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  2. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Complete Offroad. I've known steve for along time and he does first rate fab work. PM me since i am out in the middle of now where wyoming and i'll give you a friends phone number as he has steve's shop number over off of 67th ave. just north of glendale ave. Lil dave has his number so you could call freightliner arizona ask for the body shop and of course dave olvey.

Doug Wright

3. AZPiNsTrIpEd

AZPiNsTrIpEd 1/2 ton status

John Hunter of Hunter Offroad does really good work too. He's based out of Tempe, AZ( sorry no #)

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Martinez is great. Check out this link for some pictures of the luge bypass done on a barbie jeep. Of course we did it in trucks also.

I go ou there once a year and camp out for a few days with a group of guys. It is a beauitiful area. It rained last year and waterfalls popped up everywhere.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Theres something about AZ and taillights :D

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

40 point turns and a pucker factor of 10. :eek1: There are really only a couple that are bad.

7. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

I met JMS at Martinez Cabin. He has a pretty cool blazer, still dont know how he ripped his tail light off though.

8. azblazer

Michael my dear friend...i did something similiar out here in GJ on 21 road...took out the left rear tailight and surrounding sheet metal. Had to use a slide hammer with a j hook to pull it out enough to get a spare from one of my used blazer fleet out back at the house. Course the same run cost me a set of wheels to boot...lol.

DW

9. azblazer

Micheal...if all keeps going well the 79 will resurrected at EJS.
    Got the front 10B ARB installed and allmost the complete xover steering. Need to pull pump to install new AGR pump. Allmost got a custom engine exmember in place before i had to return to wyoming where its been snowing all day and bu-- --- cold. Still kicken around thoughts of what to do about the trans since it will be a daily driven oilfield truck with bite. 700R4 by Bowtie Overdrives comes to mind right now....since i haven't ordered a pair of custom diff covers yet the front is still dry so i could still swap in 4.56's and or 4.88's....the doubler seems tobe the best way to go but that new stakk xfer has a 1:1-OD-4:1 set up that sounds tempting....no R4 to worry about.

Also installed the M1009 cold weather kit thats been in the garage forever now...allright 2 years. With the desert tan paint it really looks good on there.

Doug W.

10. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i second that doug im still looking for one