Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bumpers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris G, Mar 5, 2000.

1. Chris G

Chris G Registered Member

Hey, does anyone have an opinion on Reunel bumpers? I've seen them in the mags and on a couple of web sites but i haven't really heard anything about them. They look like a fairly stout bumper.

If all else fails us a bigger hammer[​IMG]

2. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

a guy in our local club put one on the front of his '89 1/2 ton suburban with a 12,000 warn winch, hi-lift jack, grill guard-I think that comes with the bumper, lights and hooks. That was one heavy bumper! he had to get an extra leaf from Rancho for his front after he put it on and maybe it was just a coincidence but he started shattering axleshafts soon after installing it, 'course within a matter of a year before installing his new bumper he installed a 4"lift, Auburn posi in the front, and 36" tires too.
    My thinking is that all of that combined, then trying to rockcrawl was too much stress on that little axle.
    '77K5

<font color=red>mudfanatic</font color=red>[​IMG]

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Yes thease are VERY heavy bumpers(500lbs. or so with winch) and also cost is way up there like 800bucks. I would not recomend them on a trail rig. They are awsome bumpers but kinda over kill for me anyway. Go with a KMA, 240bucks custome built, and ony 90lbs.

Rock ON!