Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bumpers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheGeneral, Jun 28, 2001.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Now with body lift. Lookin for good source for bumpers. I know SEC, but they seem so dam expensive. Any advice or direction would be great. Of course lookin for good approach/departure, 2' build in reciever, bull bar maybe, air tank capable, shackles bulit in or bolt on, and rear tire carrier. Much like SEC, but cheaper if that exists. Has anyone heard of SEC give deals for buying all 3 at once?

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

If you find something let me know... the shipping from SEC is what killed it for me. I couldn't swallow that amount for shipping plus the bumpers....even though they are the best I have seen I couldn't justify it in my head to spend that much...

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

3. tyler t.

tyler t. 1/2 ton status

I can make the bumpers for you if you want? I have already made a rear spare tire carrier for gocartgo and am in the process of doing some work (front bumper/ rear spare tire carrier) for pookster. I have pics of the spare tire carrier on my site at http://www.metalheadfabrication.com. I charge $350 for the spare tire carrier/bumper with a jerry can holder and a hi-lift mount. The front bumpers normally start around $200 and go up depending on exactly what you want. Let me know.
    Metalhead

JEEP it's what's for dinner!

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Yep yep, Im awaiting it.. *drool*... Course, mine's just for deer munching, but your application may be different. :)

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I hope to one day have a 3/8" plate bumper. I want the top flat to I can stand on it (I'm only 5'4"). I want it to slope down in the front, wrap around about 6", have shackles like the military trucks, and a reciever so I can mount a winch at both ends.

What would that cost me?

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

6. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Yep, I like mine flat on top too. Tube bumpers are dangerous to stand on!(ask me how I Know!)

If you build it yourself, you could do it for probably $100.

Lift It, Lock It, LIVE IT!!!

7. tyler t.

tyler t. 1/2 ton status

I think 3/8" is a little over kill. You are going to have to put overload springs on the front of your truck just to support your bumper. I would go no bigger than 1/4" for the bumper and then you could do a support system out of 3/8", but the whole bumper out of 3/8" is a bit much. I would say that it would be in ther ballpark of about $250, I don't use that much 3/8" stock so I can check a cost for sure. Drop me a private mesage with any other specifics to consider.

JEEP it's what's for dinner!

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

3/8"??? good gawd...why don't you use 3/4 just to be safe. LOL. 3/16 (.188 wall) is about the norm for bumpers. I'm going to use 11 ga (.120) on mine!

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>Come Awn yall...Let's go to LUCHENBACH, TEXAS!!!
    </font color=red>