Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bumpers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Capman2k, Aug 12, 2001.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I remember a couple days ago I was checking out replacement K5 bumpers made by one of the members (I think)... there were a couple different ones with many options (brush guard, light mounts, winch mounts) and hooks... Does anyone have the link handy??

79 K5 Blazer Cheyenne.... That's all I have to say about that.

2. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

Try this .. I think its who you're looking for

Scot"]Blue 87 GMC Jimmy
    Red 86 Toyota 4Runner (for sale $2000 obo)

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I found it after some mad searching through my history and clicking a few links...

thanks for trying though..

The link I was looking for was
    Does anyone have any comments on these?? I like the way they look, but are they worthy of being put on a K5?

4. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

The only thing I've ever seen about it is
    Red 86 Toyota 4Runner (for sale $2000 obo)

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

yeah they are quite a bit... I want to try and get some while the only things I have to spend money on are CAP and my truck :D

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

You might look into a Kennesaw Mt accessories bumper. The base price for a bumper is less than those SEC/4x4 armor guys. I have one on order right now...and will post something about its quality etc when I get it, not to mention when I test it.

I think www.off-road.com has a product review for them under their chevy section. Check it out.

J

7. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

You might pass on KMA, or at least do some research on it before you buy from them unless it's too late. I believe some members have had problems with their stuff. Do a search and you'll find more but for starters < also on their own website they've got a link to a review by a guy who is less than pleased with the company. If I remember right they've stiffed people on thickness as well, but I didn't have luck finding that post so I may be wrong.
    Good luck :) ,
    -Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

8. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

i have kmtn bumpers front and rear and am very pleased with the quality of the craftmanship and the price was hard to beat.. as far as problems go i guess i was lucky but it also helps that i live close enough to pick them up in person. kyle even spent several hours mounting them for me free of charge. also i didn't have to pay anything up front. anyways my point is i had no problems with them and have had them for a year and a half now but it seems i was lucky.

9. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

That looks nice!Came to my mind that would it be possible to cut out the top of the bumper,and make hatch w/lock on it.It would be great place to store ropes,snatch blocks and all other stuff you need for recovery.

I'm too lazy to stick shift,that's why I prefer autotranny.