Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bumpers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Fast, Sep 14, 2000.

1. Fast

Fast Registered Member

After reading the posts about everyone problems with getting a good quality bumper,I went and spoke to a
    friend of mine who is a fitter and welder by trade. If there is enough interest he will build custom bumpers
    for us on a as needed basis. As far as pricing he will not know that until he sees if they is an interest in it.
    Knowing how detailed a person he is ,I expect that you will get a very good product at an reasonable price.
    He also build custom Bar B Que pits for folks in our area . If anyone is interested let me know and I will
    pass it along to him and we may all find an outlet for a good quality made bumper.

Fast 84 K5

http://www.fast.coloradok5.com

2. BigBurban

BigBurban 1/2 ton status

Do you think he could build a custom front winch bumper with a built in BAR-B-QUE pit? Think about it!!! He could revelutionize tailgate parties as we know them today... [​IMG] Bumper parties!... Seriously, I'd be interested, but I've seen a lot of people say the same thing about having someone build custom bumpers and have yet to see anyone follow through. If he's serious, have him take some measurements off your rig, draw up a design, and post it with a ballpark figure. Even better, have him build a prototype. I'm getting ready for a bumper and will take into consideration everthing there is to offer... EXCEPT for Kenshaw Mountain who's product I nearly purchased. [​IMG]

<font color=blue>~BigBurban</font color=blue>
    http://www.geocities.com/crash607

3. Fast

Fast Registered Member

Big Burb it is already in the works. We were thinking along the line of a small pit that would fit into the reciever on the back bumper. When you stop stick it in and remove it when you are thru.

Fast 84 K5

http://www.fast.coloradok5.com

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I'm actually in the process of designing this reciever hitch pit also. Stands on legs on your back porch, back into it and clip it in. Only problem I forsee is the extremely tight tolerance of a reciever hitch...Different air pressure in tires, rocks in driveway. Well that and how to unclip legs without jacking the rear of the truck up....ok lots of problems. What's your take on these? Btw, I'm not going into business making this, I just wanted something different for the football games and parties.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blaze- 350/350/203, 14B w/detroit, D44, 4.11s, 4" susp, 36" TSL

5. Hayduke

Hayduke 1/2 ton status

i'd be interested in a big 'ol front tube bumper, two horazontal (sp?) tubes on the bottom, maybe wrap around the sides a bit, and a big upper part to protect the grille, places to mount lights, and strong enough to let me ram a few ricers here and there....
    keep us posted.
    HAYDUKE

Insured By COLT, Policy #.357M

http://haydukesk5.coloradok5.com

6. BI U JIMMY

BI U JIMMY Registered Member

I am interested and would like to kept informed on the progress of your bumper project. Thanks

7. fredd

fredd 1/2 ton status

For *HAYDUKE* :

> i'd be interested in a big 'ol front tube bumper, two horazontal (sp?) tubes on the bottom, maybe wrap around the sides a bit, and a big upper part to protect the grille, places to mount lights,<

We have tube bumpers in the planning.
    With wrap around sides, sliders under the front and under the gastank, winch mount and light tabs.

> and strong enough to let me ram a few ricers here and there.... <

Disclaimer : we can not be held responsable for the use of these bumpers :-)

fredd

SEC Inc, 4x4 Armor for your K5

8. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Hey, that BBQ on the front, and a Bumper Dumper on the back, and you would be set!

Tim

1970 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    1987 Suburban 4X4 350
    1988 Chevy Pickup 4X4 350

9. BigBurban

BigBurban 1/2 ton status