Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BUMPERS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 74beater, Jan 9, 2003.

1. 74beater

74beater 1/2 ton status

LAST WEEKEND AT THE SLAB, A LEDGE DECIDED IT WANTED TO MOVE MY BUMPER..IT'S WAS WELDED IN BUT I HAD FORGOTTEN TO BOLT IT UP...SO THE TRIED TO PEEL IT OFF..LAST NIGHT I FINISHED IT OFF, AND CUT 3IN OFF OF THE FRAME. THE IDEA IS TO REMOUNT IT CLOSER TO THE BODY....BUT WHILE I HAVE THE BUMPER OFF I THOUGHT I WOULD RAISE THE TANK, ANY IDEAS ARE WELCOMED...THANKS YALL

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY SAWZALL /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I'm planning on raising my tank next month. Basically the idea is to remove the two crossmembers that hold the tank and space them up the desired amount. I have a three inch body lift and it looks like I could raise the tank up about 3.5" total. There will be some notching of the crossmembers that will need to be done so that it will fit between the frame in its higher location. I've got some pics of a guys setup. I'll try to find them.

3. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

i'm looking into this as well when i do my tank swap. it doesn't look to be that hard to do. let me know if you do it and what issues you run into.

btw...it was great wheeling with you!

4. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I'm getting ready to do this too. My 31 gallon tank has been crushed to a 26 gallon tank /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif so it's time to replace it! The two crossmembers and the upper frame rail edges have to be trimmed since they wrap over the tank, then new supports fabbed up higher. It's easier to do if you use a poly tank since it doesn't have the weld seam all the way around, that can get in the way if you raise the tank more than 2 inches or so.

5. 74beater

74beater 1/2 ton status

THAT WAS A GOOD TIME BROTHER, CANT WAIT TILL THE NEXT RUN..WHAT TIME DID YALL GET OUT OF THERE..

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY SAWZALL /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

we finally hit the road about dark, i got home around 6 or so.