Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bumpsteer like a maniac after swaybar and steering drops

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Jul 3, 2002.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I have a 3" Tuff Country lift on my K5, and last week I dropped the swaybar 2" using some 2x3 box channel. I installed a 2" drop pitman arm last night becasue ever since the swaybar drop, I think it was flexing better, but the draglink was binding, and wouldn't hold an alignment...steering wheel would get off real fast. Now it holds alignments better, but I get bumpsteer going over bumps and it pulls to the left when braking, but it did that before too. any ideas on why I'm getting this bumpsteer? What about the pulling? My calipers are pretty new, and seem to be in good shape...should I bleed the brakes and see if that helps? Anyone with experience in this or suggestions? Would raising my swaybar back fix this at all?

2. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

if the ends of the tubing arent capped <ends welded on> they are probly flexing a bit . get the ORD disconnects and put the swaybar back to factory and they might help some of it . the steering , uuhh when i had factory crappy steering and about a 3 inch lift i dont remember having that much bumpsteer . on the pulling , are the rotors scored ,got oil or some other crap on them ? if you say got brake fluid on the right rotor and it got glazed over it would pull to the left , check your tires pressues also . also the "rebuilt" caliper might be bad too . did you replace BOTH sides at the same time ? it is best to .

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

didn't i tell you to get rid of it?

4. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

u lost me scott ??? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

maybe it was someone else, there was someone on here debating wether or not to get rid of their sway bar, and i reccommended getting rid of it.

6. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

YEAH good idea , CHUCK IT !