Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bumpsteer, pulling to the right.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Geno, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Geno

Geno Registered Member

Have a 74 jimmy with a 4inch lift, swaybar is disconnected,wont quite reach to hook it up. Having a problem with bump steer, I have the raised steering arm, drag link is level, when I hit a bump steering gets bumped to the right, truck pulls to the right when driving also, would hooking up the sway bar help this, Have had it to the alignment shop, ball joints and all else fine, they said they got it as close as they could, but it still does the same thing, spent money for nothing there!! Any help would be appreciated, Did a search on this but no one mentioned the sway bar for a cure. Would I have to get disconnects or spacer on mount to make it reach?

2. pr1aw

pr1aw 1/2 ton status

I've lifted 3 4x4s and have disconnected the swaybars and threw them away without ever a problem. Here a couple of things to check. Right and left wheel bearing adjustment, tire pressure, a slightly sticking break caliper. When was the last time you took off the hubs to see if the are lightly greased? You might have a manual hub that is not unlocking and staying engaged. That would be cause for the bump steer and the pulling. My .02