Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

burb 3rd row seat help needed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big_truxx, Aug 3, 2005.

1. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

as you all know i am new to the burb scene. just broke into it 3 months ago. when i bought mine it had no 3rd row seat. now i am wanting one and need to know how it goes in. i have 4 squarish holes in the rubber mat i am assuming was for the 3rd row seat. and i have heard the seat goes into some sort of track? please help me out. it looks like there are 4 drilled holes maybe? in each hole cut in the rubber floor mat. i have never seen a 3rd row seat and how they are mounted. can someone post up some pics? i would be eternally greatful!! :waytogo:

thanks,
    chris

2. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

When you get your seat it's simple. You just tilt it into the front floor mount hooks, and pivot the back of the seat down and into the rear holders. Close the rear keepers on the seat and it clamps in place.

Don't forget to pull up the seatbelts before locking in the seat, or you'll have to start over.

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

oh so the "drilled" holes i mentioned above are actually what holds the seat in?

also since i am on a roll with learning, does the 3rd row seat face forward or rearward?

4. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

the seat faces forward. you said you have holes drilled in the floor, are the cups there that the seat attachments fit into. just checking.

5. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

i am assuming that a "cup" would appear obvious to me even though i do not know what i am looking for? if so no. :( anyone got pics??

6. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

its hard to see in this pic[​IMG] (AgDieseler) but at the back of the frame you can sort of see it. they are sunk in to the floor and provide the anchor for the seat. someone with a digi cam could do better.

7. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

it it the silverish oal shaped ring on the floor in the very back? kinda looks like something a blazer has. been a while since i had my k5 though. but anyway no i do not have that :( I should take pics of what i have.

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

need a rear seat??

I have a suburban rear seat a friend left here rather than scrap it!...I'm not sure what year its from,but its in good shape!--I'll have to see what mounts it has--- I think it bolts to the floor,I'm not sure..I'll take a peek later tonite and let you know.. :crazy:

9. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

thanks brother, i am starting to get alarmed. found a seat from a member from an 88 burb and is cloth and same blue as my 89 scotsdale... but i have only the 4 squarish holes cut in the rubber mat and what appears to be a hole drilled in the vicinity of each, in the floor.... :confused: i am on my first burb so i am a big newb at these things. i love to learn though and am not afriad of being wrong or making mistakes to learn things :D thanks for input and help all!!!

10. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

dood! i may have been freaking out in my mind for an error in depth perception in the pic. the silver oval shaped thing appeared at first to be almost at the very end (near tailgate) of the truck. now i see it is in fact not.... those rings have one screw that holds them to the burb's floor? if so i may be just missing them and that is what the 4 holes are for...

11. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

can anyone take some pics like close up of the mount rings and a shot of all of them w/o the seat?

please plaease plaese? :waytogo:

also I am curious if each mount ring is screwed down with a single screw. anyone able to tell me this?
    thanks

12. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

ttt in hopes someone can help me out :waytogo:

13. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

somebody help the burb newb here :waytogo: :haha: