Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BURB 3RD SEAT

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by wirex, Apr 6, 2003.

1. wirex

wirex 1/2 ton status

I just got a 3rd rear seat for my 85 burb and I see that there is some sort of mounting bracket HOOK type. can I get a bracket that will replace the stock one and just bolt to the floor does anybody know where I can get this or have pic's of what I'm looking for thanks /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

I assume you are refering to the '80s style with the pockets in the floor. If that is the case you need to get the pockets.

I got mine from the salvage yard. They cut out the section of the floor with the pockets. Then I drilled ou the spot welds that held them too the floor. Use the old floor for the dimensions on were to cut the holes. The floor in your truck will have smooth spots stamped into it where they will mount. I used "button head" bolts so the wouldn't show thru the carpet so much.

I will say this much. It is a major PITA! And I don't care to do another anytime soon. The rear pocket are over the gas tank cross member and the fronts weren't the easiest to get at either. The pockets have to be mounted on the bottom side of the floor, if you want a factory looking install.

3. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

I saw some on ebay last week. Try "chevy seat" The guy had them advertised as new, so I don't know if they were factory GM ones, or if they were repo's. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. Diesel Dan

Also, your going to need the seat belts. The center belts are with the seat. The outters stay in the truck. So if you don't have those, off to the salvage yard!

5. wirex

wirex 1/2 ton status

thanks I saw that add he said he has them made for them
    and they will fit my 85 burb they look like you bolt them
    in the floor then the seat connect with the hooks to brackets

6. Diesel Dan

My '91 has an aftermarket grey leather 3rd seat. It bolts to the floor. I'm pulling it to install a factory grey cloth seat. One thing about the aftermarket seat is that it has a split back that reclines.

7. wirex

wirex 1/2 ton status

Just ordered the brackets $100 delivered they can be bolted
    or tac to the floor will be just like factory for factory
    hook type brackets /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif thanks for the tip will
    post pic's of before and after soon

8. wirex

wirex 1/2 ton status

Hi i saw the middle seat belt is there and the 2 outside straps but now i need the 2 parts of the seat belt the bolt into the floor in tan or brown
    thanks /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

9. wirex

wirex 1/2 ton status

well 3rd seat in brackets went in 100% they were 100
    with shipping so if any body want to add 3rd seat
    i have 2 extra 3rd seats and i know where you can get the brackets thanks /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif