Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'burb gas tank in a k5?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekbrown, Oct 3, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

\'burb gas tank in a k5?

any1 know the approximate dimensions on a stock 40 gallon suburban gas tank? I'm wondering if it will physically fit between the K5s frame rails. I have an 85 K5... if I got a 82-86 tank for a gas-burning Burb, would the sending unit etc be plug-n-play for me? any/all thoughts/ideas are, as always, appreciated... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Re: \'burb gas tank in a k5?

Sure it will fit between the frame rails. It won't fit between the bumper and the axle though. They are several inches longer. the 20 and 31 tanks are identical. the wiring on all three tanks are identical.

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

The actual size of a 40 gallon tank is 35" x 28-3/4" x 13-1/8" and no, its to long to fit between the axle and the bumper.

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

can get a never used blazer tank form colemans military surplus on the web for 25.00 plus shipping. its no bigger but its new if yuours is shot.

69k5

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

this tank would most likely me be mounted between the back of the cab and the rear axle in a tube-rear-ended S-10-cabbed hybrid. I planned on keepin the tube connected the the frame a similar width as it went back the the butt end of the rig... so the tank fitting between the frame rails is the key. Time to take some measurements to see it it will even fit there.. lol! thanks much for the info guys, I appreciate it, especially those exact dimensions.. thanks muddy! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j