Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Burb is sold.................

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by BurbinOR, Aug 30, 2004.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Gone to a young guy who'll appreciate it..............I hope. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

On the bright side, the Cummins is getting 20 mpg and has more power than any gasser I've ever owned. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif And that includes a troika of Rats.

2. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Wish I could of swung it, enjoy your cummins... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

What are you towing around now anyway /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Just the camper?

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Good deal man!

P.S. Can you give me a call on my cell sometime? Thanks!

5. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i hope you are not done with chevys /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

gunna build another rig of some kind???

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm getting a cummins too!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif
    did you go Auto or manual on yours?

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What are you towing around now anyway /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Just the camper?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just the camper, yep............overkill for that but I wanted an all in one beast (tow trailer, large enough for me, hunting and camping rig) that got gas mileage I could live with since I work in west Vancouver now (commute of 25 miles each way). The Dodge fills the bill.

Actually considered finding someone to put a 12V in the Burb but decided to go away from having something that was pieced together.

The only true 'perfect rig' (room for everyone and all their gear INSIDE) to me would have been an Excursion with the PowerSmoke in it. But couldn't bring myself to owning a Ford. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Chevy blew it not offering a Duramax in a Burb. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Good deal man!

P.S. Can you give me a call on my cell sometime? Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do Shane. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm getting a cummins too!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif
    did you go Auto or manual on yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

Auto. Hard to find a 6 speed in the rig I wanted (short bed quad cab in the price range I had the cash to spend) so the slush box is just fine.

10. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i hope you are not done with chevys /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

gunna build another rig of some kind???

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, no more K5's or Burbs, still have two GMC's at home (wife's Safari AWD van and an '89 Jimmy) so if anything the Jimmy might get a locker, lift and use as a 'toy'. Like I said, if GM had what I was after (non-IFS Cummins-like diesel I would have gone that way but..........)

Still have my one Chevy at home (dog is named Chevy)! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear you let your last one go, starting to sound like me surprised these guys haven't taken us out back for a tar and feathering /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I hope you let yours go under better circumstances then I did. It was heartbreaking to drive away from it /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

12. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm looking at 99 and 00's with the 6 spd. Ex cab is fine for me. Room for my G/F and her kid. and all the pulling power I need for the Willy's. I'm gonna do a 4" and 35's though. I can't leave anything alone.

I must have found a keeper cause she wnats me to buy it and is helping me get it. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

13. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm looking at 99 and 00's with the 6 spd. Ex cab is fine for me. Room for my G/F and her kid. and all the pulling power I need for the Willy's. I'm gonna do a 4" and 35's though. I can't leave anything alone.

I must have found a keeper cause she wnats me to buy it and is helping me get it. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What's great about these is you need NO LIFT to fit 35's............I'm running Pro Comp Mud Terrains in 315 sizing and all it needs for any flexing is the two inch front spacer kit or spring kit. Plenty of height in the rear............. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

so how long til you start the mods? I'm gonna do my stereo 1st then the exhuast. I have some 35's i can get off my burb that are damn near new. then throw my cheesey 33's on it.

15. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    so how long til you start the mods? I'm gonna do my stereo 1st then the exhuast. I have some 35's i can get off my burb that are damn near new. then throw my cheesey 33's on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

First the gauges (soon) - pyro, boost, fuel pressure, then I'll be doing injectors and/or an Edge box (or equivalent)................that ought to hold me for a while. It is flat out amazing the power these have for the taking by just stepping down on the loud pedal (and loud is defined as a straight piped Cummins........ /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif)

16. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

mines gonna be straight pipe then split to dual out the back at the rear corners. I have some 4" tips to stick on it.
    then I'll toy with the injectors and boost.