Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Burb length please help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big_truxx, Jan 21, 2005.

1. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Anyone tell me the length of a 73-91 suburban from bumper to bumper? thanks :waytogo:

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

1990 GMC Suburban = 18.5' bumper to bumper

3. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

18' 4" I just messured it right now. it might be off a couple of inches.

4. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Mine might be slightly off too, I used the old lay the tape measure under the truck and eyeball it method.

5. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

:haha: Gotta love the eyeball method. :grin: I use that one most myself. Thanks for the help :waytogo: Much apreciated.

6. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

http://brochures.slosh.com

I did search and "Suburban dimensions" (shameless self-plug :) ) ...

anyway, Chevy says 218 1/2", or maybe 216.5 -- kinda hard to read the small print :( I suppose I should mail that guy who does the scans and bitch him out :D

I think that makes 18' 2", but that may not include bumpers or bumper stops, etc.

-- A

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

building a garage??

If by chance all theese measurements are to help figure out how big to build a garage--just add 25 ft to each one on all sides of the vehicle--and I gaurantee it wil STILL be too small!!:crazy:

I have a 20x40 garage--there is only enough room to waddle sideways around my K20 with the plow on it--there are two or three large hand carts full of firewood,a huge compressor,2 junk tv sets,shelves,workbenches,and a bunch of other stuff taking up the space my riding mower,and 2 snowblowers(which I havent started in several years,and we are getting 1-2 FEET of snow tonite!:blush: )should be sitting in there --I have a lot to do in the morning,going to try to fix at least one snowblower,get my truck ready for the storm,I put the charger on the batteries,hope the diesel starts tommorrow!--I'd be out there now if it wasn't -3 degrees out!--I gave up about 11pm when my 55 gallon drum stoves could not get the shop over 40 degrees,even with a roaring fire in both stoves-:screwy: -I went into the 4x10 "btu room" where one stove is,got it up to 80 in there--and the beer has never been colder--my cooler was half full of ice,with beers frozen in the middle of it!..American chopper re-runs were on,and hotrod tv,so I guess it wasnt a totally wasted night..:cool1: :cool1: :grin: