Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Burb Rear seat..........2 buckets?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78Suburban, Apr 1, 2006.

1. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

Me and my cousin are making future plans for a sound system in the burb. Looking at the second row seat, it appears that it would be fairly easy to remove the 2 person section of the seat and replace it with another 1 person seat (like the one on the passenger side of the truck). I could haul 2 passengers behind me, and build a box close to 8cubes in the middle. Does this make sense, should I take some pics of my idea? I was wondering if anyone forsees problems with setting up the 2 bucket seats in the rear? Has anyone done something similar to this? Should I just go hunting for one of those seats (like the one on the passenger side) in a junkyard?
    thanks,
    James

2. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

You may be the first. I would think all the latches, well actually no. Yeah you could just swap hardware from the 2p to the 1p. WOW, awesome space. I don't think I'd ever cut mine like that, but I'll be watching yours. The Retro-fit walk-thru. You could fab a foldback panel behind one of the backrests to cover the hole when the seats are folded down, like for sleeping.:bow:

3. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

I just need one more of the seat like is on the right side:
    [​IMG]

Looking at it, it really should bolt right up to the stock braket for the seat on the left... leaving me room for the 8 cube box, so we can destroy the peace :bow: Any ideas if many junkyards carry the seats? Anybody got one laying in their garage they don't want :wink1:

4. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Put buckets in the front and leave out the console, look like an Airliner.:haha:

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

They used to customize Burbs and put "4 captain" chairs in them. Watch eBay as there always seems to be one around.