Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Burb roof line question

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by Eric M., Nov 16, 2004.

1. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

My 91 Burb needs a little patch work at the top of the rear, side windows. I assumed all Burbs (73 to 91) had the same roofs. I was looking at a 74 Burb today and notice the roof was different. What year rear, side window openings and roof lines match my 91?

Thanks,

Eric M.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Whats different about it? They should all be the same from 73 - 91 cause all those years of rigs have the same exact window.

3. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I noticed there was no body line above the window on the 73. Also, the window gasket is different. I'm not sure if the window is different of if the sheetmetal at the window opening is a different shape for the different gasket, I just noticed that the window gasket was different and there was no body line at the roof.

Eric M.

4. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

I noticed in a catalog that offers replacement windows that the gasket for the 73 is different than the others /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. sublmnl1990

Let me rephrase that LMC offers a sliding side window for suburbans and you need to order a gasket with the window for installation, except it states that on the 73 you need to use the original gasket. Dont know if this helps but theres something different. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

6. sublmnl1990

Hey I also noticed that the Power Wagon you have a picture of o

7. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

not to sure avout it not too many older burbs around here most have long died out.

i know the roof line you speak of, only guess i have is it must have changed with the front clip 81 /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

8. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I noticed there was no body line above the window on the 73. Also, the window gasket is different. I'm not sure if the window is different of if the sheetmetal at the window opening is a different shape for the different gasket, I just noticed that the window gasket was different and there was no body line at the roof.

Eric M.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eric, on that body line, I know on my 75 burb, there is NO line(more like a roll in the body shape)and on my dads 81 body there is a sharp line. But I do know the windows interchange as I have 91 windows and 84 seals in my 75 body /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

OK. So, it sounds like the only difference is the body line.
    Thanks,

Eric M.

Oh, and about that Power Wagon, well, b

10. j20m715

j20m715 1/2 ton status

The roofs arent all the same 73-91. They changed up some stuff, cant remember off hand but I do know there are differences. Not alot of help I know. I want to say its just cosmetic.