Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Burb sags on drivers side, need advice

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by StampedeOfNorway, Mar 2, 2003.

1. StampedeOfNorway

StampedeOfNorway Registered Member

I've got an '88 Burb with 8 lug axles all around. The previous owner said that the "one side sagging" were due to a H.D. spring pack on the rear pass. side with 9 leafs, and just a standard 8 leaf pack on the drivers side. My Q is, should I remove one leaf from the 9'er pack, or should I add an ORD zero rate to the 8 pack? The truck does not sit level at all when I view it from either front or rear. I hope this is due to the lower height in the back. BTW my truck is not lifted, yet.

Thanx in advance... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

it prolly wont sit completly level unless you replace both rear packs, leaf springs are cheap at junkyards, atleast around here they are, If you got a U-pullit junkyard, just go find a set out of a 3/4ton burb, or maybe a pickup, Just make sure you get the same length springs as you already have, MY leafs from the J-yard cost 16 bucks apiece.