Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Burb sags on drivers side, need advice

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by StampedeOfNorway, Mar 3, 2003.

1. StampedeOfNorway

StampedeOfNorway Registered Member

I've got an '88 Burb with 8 lug axles all around. The previous owner said that the "one side sagging" were due to a H.D. spring pack on the rear pass. side with 9 leafs, and just a standard 8 leaf pack on the drivers side. My Q is, should I remove one leaf from the 9'er pack, or should I add an ORD zero rate to the 8 pack? The truck does not sit level at all when I view it from either front or rear. I hope this is due to the lower height in the back. BTW my truck is not lifted, yet.

Thanx in advance...

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

You can do it either way and it would be about the same. But if i were you, i'd just find a pair of new springs from a junkyard...they are really cheap /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Or, by all of your new lift springs now. It's real easy to justify buying this stuff when something is broken.

4. holyjohnson

holyjohnson Registered Member

just one more thing to look into are the body mount bushings.i bought my burb cheap because i thought the springs were dead,turns out the bushings are gone and was causing it to sag bad on pass side.
    goodluck

5. StampedeOfNorway

StampedeOfNorway Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    just one more thing to look into are the body mount bushings.i bought my burb cheap because i thought the springs were dead,turns out the bushings are gone and was causing it to sag bad on pass side.
    goodluck

[/ QUOTE ]

Dorky Q! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif How can I check if the bushings are gone? Can U see it with the bare eye??

Thanx...

6. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Yup, easily visible - you should see a rubber donut-shaped piece above and below the body mount - you'll understand once you take a look.

There, should look like this except without the metal cylinder towards the top (unless it has a body lift) - thanks Muddysub for the use of your pic /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    [​IMG]

7. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

Sags on the drivers side... thats easy, Eat Less Burgers /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

mine sags too, because of crappy springs, bad body mount bushings, and whatnot. probably too many hamburgers for me too. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

-Rich

8. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

my 89 and my dads 90 both sag to the drivers rear corner.

It's time to grab a tape and find out where the differences are.

-Jeremy

9. BanksBurban

BanksBurban Registered Member

Mine sags on the left rear too. It's all stock, no lift.

10. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yepp, my sub has sagged to the left rear for years now. maybe something wrong with the springs those years. i dunno. i'm gonna fix it one day when i'm not a poor colledge kid.

i was just scrollin through this thread and glanced at that pic and thought "mine look like that" and then i was like "i painted my ac lines too" "wait a minuite, thats mine!!" i'm a slow one. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

11. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i was just scrollin through this thread and glanced at that pic and thought "mine look like that" and then i was like "i painted my ac lines too" "wait a minuite, thats mine!!" i'm a slow one.

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Your too much muddy!
    Mine saggs to the left also. Even after the new springs I think its because all the extra weight is on that side. IE. the spare, which by its self weighs quite a bit. Put a lone driver in there and there is another 200 plus pounds. Just a thought.